More prize news! Here’s the 2012 National Biography Award. No literary bios, *sigh*.
- Robyn Arianrhod Seduced by Logic: Emilie Du Chatelet, Mary Somerville and the Newtonian Revolution, University of QLD Press
- Tim Bonyhady Good Living Street: The Fortunes of My Viennese Family Allen & Unwin (definitely the best cover art)
- Alexander Brown Michael Kirby: Paradoxes and Principles, The Federation Press
- Pamela Burton From Moree to Mabo: The Mary Gaudron Story, UWA Publishing
- Sophie Cunningham Melbourne, NewSouth Publishing (on my TBR, as you’d expect!)
- Delia Falconer Sydney: Haunted City, NewSouth Publishing
- John Howard Lazarus Rising, Harper Collins
- Paul Kelly How to Make Gravy, Penguin
- Mark McKenna An Eye for Eternity: The Life of Manning Clark, Melbourne University Publishing (on my TBR)
- Martin Thomas The Many Worlds of R.H. Mathews: In Search of an Australian Anthropologist, Allen & Unwin
- David Walker Not Dark Yet, Giramondo Publishing
- Patrick Wilcken Claude Levi-Strauss: The Father of Modern Anthropology, Bloomsbury
The 2012 shortlist will be out (in a mere fortnight!) on Tuesday 1 May 2012. That’s not much time to read ’em all and choose-your-own!
The winner will be announced at the Sydney Writers’ Festival.