The short-listed poets are
- The Taste of River Water: Cate Kennedy, on my TBR
- Armour: John Kinsella
- Interferon Psalms: Luke Davies
- Lines for Birds: Barry Hill & John Wolseley
- Surface to Air: Jaya Savige
- The Argument: Tracy Ryan
The Fiction Shortlist looks a bit familiar:
- All That I Am by Anna Funder, see my review and a Sensational Snippet
- Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks, (update 3/6/16, see my review)
- Five Bells by Gail Jones, see Kim’s review at Reading Matters and one from Kevin from Canada.
- Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears, see my review
- The Cook by Wayne Macauley , see my review
- The Street Sweeper by Elliot Perlman, see my review
This is the Non-Fiction list:
- 1835: The Founding of Melbourne and the Conquest of Australia by James Boyce, see my review (it’s now available in paperback)
- An Eye for Eternity: The Life of Manning Clark by Mark McKenna on my TBR
- Hiroshima Nagasaki by Paul Ham
- Her Father’s Daughter by Alice Pung, see Karenlee Thompson’s review
- Paramedico: Adventures by Ambulance by Benjamin Gilmour
- Black Swan: A Koorie Woman’s Life by Eileen Harrison & Carolyn Landon (Allen & Unwin)
For the rest of the shortlist, click here.
The awards will be announced in September.